1-Day Lemhi River “Walk ‘n Wade” Trout Fishing
1-Day Lemhi River “Walk ‘n Wade” Fishing
- Where: Outfitted for approximately 7000 Acres of Lemhi River (all within 30 minutes of Salmon)
- When: Daily – June through September
- Spin or Fly – Fishing Gear: All rods and fishing tackle provided by your guide, personal gear is welcome
- Trip Length: Varies daily 5 to 7 hours
- Departure Time: Early morning, between 7:00 and 8:00 am depending on fishing conditions
- Ending Time: Varies daily, usually around 3:00 but as late as 5:00 pm
- Meals: Delicious riverside lunch, snacks and beverages
- Fish Processing: Catch and release
- Cost: $475 for two people or $410 for one person
Our Walk ‘n Wade Package is a Reel Vacation.
Your 1-Day Lemhi River “Walk ‘n Wade” Fishing Features:
Fishing the Lemhi River
Whether you enjoy fly or spin fishing techniques, you’ll enjoy the quiet solitude of fishing along the Lemhi River. We have access to over 7000 acres of private stream fishing on the Lemhi River, a major tributary of the Salmon River. Our experienced guides offer local insight and knowledge for catching our native trout on dry fly patterns, droppers or streamers. They’ll drive you from our office into some of the best trout fishing in the Northwest.
Beginners are welcome! Fishing lessons and instruction are available.
We teach a lot of people how to fly fish. Whether it’s for a half or a full day, beginners and novice fly fishers can quickly learn what it would take them years to learn on their own. Our guides are patient instructors who teach fundamentals of fly casting, knot tying, fly selection, line control, reading water, safe wading and handling of fish.
- Four weight rods are ideal with 6 lb. (3x) +/- tippet.
- Waders are optional. Long, quick dry pants with wading shoes are a good option.
- See trip planning tab for additional information.
Itinerary – 1-Day Walk ‘n Wade Fishing
- Arrive at Idaho Adventures’ headquarters, 10 Courthouse Drive, Salmon, at a prearranged time.
- Short drive to private ranch access 6 to 18 miles southeast of Salmon.
- Enjoy a day of fishing with your guide.
- Lunch, snacks and beverages are provided.
- Return with some great fish stories!
You and your guide will spend the day exploring the many pools and cut banks for west slope cutthroat, bull trout, and various other fish that are native to the Lemhi River. The river is too small for drift boats, and is easy to access by wading. In most areas the river is small enough to easily wade across.
Depending on when you book your trip, there are Chinook salmon and steelhead redds throughout the Lemhi River system. We avoid disturbing them, but they are exciting to watch.
Planning Your Trip
Transportation is provided from the Idaho Adventures’ headquarters, 10 Courthouse Drive, Salmon, or from a prearranged local hotel or location. Free parking available.
- Highly competent, licensed and friendly guide with local expertise and fishing experience
- Fishing gear upon request
- Flies, tippets, etc…
- Lunch, beverages and snacks.
You should bring….
- Idaho Fishing License
- Fishing equipment if available
- Waders or long pants with wading shoes
- Change of dry clothes and shoes
- Personal beverages or snacks, if preferred
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Bug spray
- Tip for guide (optional)
Please let us know if you have any questions or need further information – We are always happy to assist in your pre-trip planning. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Idaho Adventures at 208-756-2986 or 1-800-789-9283
Choose Your Idaho Fishing Trip
Steelhead Fishing Trips
- 1/2 Day
- 4-Day / 3-Night
- 6-Day / 5-Night
- Lodge to Lodge
- Steelhead & Chuckar
Cast n’ Blast
- 4-Day / 3-Night
- 6-Day / 5-Night
- 4 to 6 Day Lodge to Lodge
- Salmon River 1-Day Drift Boat
- Salmon River 3-Day / 4-Night
- Lemhi River 1-Day Walk n Wade
- Lemhi River 2-Day / 2 Night
- 2017 Custom Trips
No fisherman reveals all, but I will tell you this, Idaho Adventures put me on a stream near Salmon, Idaho where I could fish with a #14 Hopper and catch 16″-18″ rainbows all that late September afternoon. Wow!
~Charles W. Mertel, Seattle, Washington
1-Day Walk ‘n Wade Fishing
DAILY – June through September
Price: $475 for two people or $410 for one person
1 Day Fishing
Lunch, snacks, beverages
Free use of fishing gear