Main Salmon River Whitewater Rafting Trip: 2-Day / 1-Night
2-Day / 1-Night Main Salmon River Rafting Trip
- When: Saturday & Sunday, May – September
*Customized dates for groups of 8+
- Where: Main Salmon River of No Return
- Trip Length: 28 miles
- Class/Level: Class II & III
- Orientation: 7:30 am morning of launch
- Departure Time: 9:00 am
- Return Time: Approximate 6:00 pm on second day
- Time on Water: On average 4 to 6 hours daily
- Meals & Beverages: Included
- Camping: Free camping for the night
- Age Restrictions: 5+- years of age depending on water flow
- Cost: $385.00 for adults and $299.00 youth 16 and younger
*Discounts for groups 8 or more – 6.5% off per person
Journey through 28 miles of the beautiful Main Salmon River and experience whitewater, beautiful scenery, wildlife, riverside cuisine, and much more in the wondrous Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness!
Your 2-Day / 1-Night Salmon River Rafting Trip Features:
- Experiencing an unforgettable journey on the Main Salmon River that carved its way through the area now known as the Frank Church Wilderness of No Return creating the second deepest canyon in North America.
- Paddling through peaceful sections of the Salmon River mixed with plenty of exhilarating II-III rapids along the way.
- Touring an abandoned gold mine and discovering the history of the backcountry ranches
- Talented, experienced guides who like to share local river knowledge, river folklore, wildlife information and are great with families.
- All meals, specially designed for hungry discriminating travelers, snacks and beverages while on the river. Savor amazing fireside grilling and Dutch oven baked breads, deserts and more…
- Wonderful Idaho wines carefully paired with our gourmet river cuisine.
- Camping includes all gear (nice tents, freshly laundered sleeping bags and pillows, etc.).
- Fishing at camp, fly or spin, cutthroat, bass, and rainbows. We can also provide fly casting instruction by our highly skilled, licensed and bonded guides.
- Photos taken plunging through Pine Creek Rapids. You have the option to purchase a photo(s) at the end of your river trip.
- Transportation from Idaho Adventure’s office in Salmon, Idaho provided to and from the Salmon River.
- Option to include an additional inflatable kayak if available. Please let us know if you are interested.
- NO MOSQUITOES – while on the river or while at camp
UNFORGETTABLE ADVENTURES AWAIT
You will be surrounded by wonderful river guides, where your safety and comfort is our top priority as you river raft through some of the most beautiful places in Idaho on the Salmon “River of No Return”. Experience both calm waters along with thrilling rapids as you journey down the river.
Immersed in nature you may see all kinds of wildlife including bears, bighorn sheep, bald and golden eagles, deer, and many more. Your guide will share history of the Native Americans and the early settlement of Idaho as you travel through this amazing Salmon River canyon. You will have the opportunity to learn about the gold mining history of Idaho and tour abandoned gold mines. Enjoy great food and camp riverside on this beautiful and exhilarating stretch of the Main Salmon River.
CHARTER RIVER RAFTING TRIPS
We LOVE to customize trips for private groups including class reunions, wedding parties, family reunions, corporate retreats etc. Click here for more information or call us at 1-800-789-9283.
Itinerary – 2-Day / 1-Night Salmon River Rafting Trip
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
*Customized dates may be available upon request
Day 1: Arrive Idaho Adventures’ headquarters at 7:30 am for trip orientations and pack for your river adventure. Depart Idaho Adventures at 9:00 am to the Spring Creek put–in to begin your two day fun filled river trip. After a short scenic drive, you will arrive around 9:45 am to the put-in where you will get a quick safety briefing at the launch site before you depart for two days of fun filled river adventure.
Enjoy a Goldmine Tour around 11:00 am, snacks and beverages provided. Your guide will provide a tour of the operation and equipment demonstrating gold panning and explaining how the ore was processed in the old days. Step inside the mine shaft and be reminded of how difficult life was in the 1800’s.
Once again, board your rafts to continue downriver for your day on the “River of No Return” plunging through class II and III rapids such as Pine Creek, Little Falls, Dutch Oven I, Dutch Oven II, Bone Crusher and more. We will stop along the way for another fantastic riverside lunch. After lunch we will get back on the water with more class II and III rapids and breathtaking scenery arriving at your river camp around 5:00 pm. The guides will dazzle you with fireside grilling and Dutch oven river cuisine, while you enjoy fireside conversations and the night skies with friends and family.
Day 2: Guides will start waking you up around 7:30 with freshly brewed gourmet coffee and tea. After a delicious breakfast you will enjoy another day on the Salmon River plunging through rapids such as Long Tom, Kramer, and Kitchen Creek. We’ll stop for a riverside lunch along the way as you enter the deepest section of the river canyon, 2nd deepest in North America.
Continue rafting after lunch to the take-out at either Cache Bar or Corn Creek depending on your groups preferences. Expect to arrive back to Salmon around 6:00 pm.
Planning Your Trip
Transportation we provide:
Transportation will be provided for the guests to both the put-in and take-out locations. Camping gear is also provided by Idaho Adventures.
- Highly competent, licensed and darn friendly guides.
- Ground transportation to and from the river.
- FREE Idaho Adventures personal drinking mug.
- Waterproof river bag to store duffle of personal gear.
- Small waterproof day bag.
- Fresh, healthful, delicious meals beginning with lunch the first day.
- Plenty of drinking water and ice, lemonade, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, limited supply of complimentary soda, fruit juice, beer and wine.
- Oar boats (guide rowing) paddle boats (you help paddle w/guide on board).
- Inflatable kayaks (water level permitting).
- Coast Guard Approved life jackets, helmets for paddle teams and kayakers.
- First Aid Supplies.
- All camping equipment – tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, camp chairs.
You should bring….
- 2 sets of quick drying shorts and shirts
- 1 pair long pants, 1 lightweight long sleeve shirt
- Socks and underwear
- River sandals or tennis shoes that can get wet
- Hiking/walking shoes for in camp
- Sunglasses with strap
- Sun hat with strap to secure against wind loss
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Rain suit
- Poly pro or fleece jacket
- Personal toiletries including biodegradable soap
- Insect repellent
- Small wash cloth and towel
- Prescription medication
- Quart water bottle
- Camera and film
- Fishing license
- Fishing gear (rentals available)
Optional items to bring….
- Hard liquor, cocktail wine, additional beer (no bottled beer, please) or soda
- Fanny pack or day bag for hiking
- Small pillow
You should NOT bring….
- Boom boxes
- Cell phones
- Denim or heavy cottons for wearing on the water
What is the weather and water like?
The Salmon River Canyon is normally arid and warm from late May to late September with average daytime temperatures ranging from the 70’s to 90’s. Nighttime temperatures are cooler but comfortable, from the low 50’s to high 60’s. Summer water temperatures range from the 60’s to 70’s, perfect for rafting and swimming. May or early June is when river levels generally peak, but the Salmon is fed by enough tributaries to maintain a robust flow of water all summer long – even in low water years.
Choose Your Idaho River Rafting Trip
Scenic Float Trips
- 1/2 Day Salmon River Scenic Float
- 3/4 Day Lewis & Clark Historical Salmon River Scenic Float (includes lunch)
Main Salmon River White Water Rafting
- 1-Day (includes lunch)
- 2-Day / 3-Night
- 3-Day / 4-Night
Main Salmon River Wilderness Journey
- 5-Day / 6-Night
- 6-Day / 7-Night
- 2017 Custom Trips
“Idaho Adventures has it wired… great trip and incredible food.”
~Ray Todd, Houston, Texas
“We had a blast!!!! Nick, Tyler, and Kyle are 3 outstanding young men. You should be really proud of them. They made the trip even more fun. Nick is really a knowledgeable guide and skillfully maneuvered the raft and pointed out wildlife. Kyle gave us a fly fishing lesson, and was just a nice guy to be around. Tyler has such a winning, outgoing personality. We really enjoyed the entire trip with them. The rafts, the food and the tents/sleeping equipment were excellent. The island campsite was great. We loved Idaho, and hopefully some of our friends will visit you soon.”
-Thomas Reese, Mt. Prospect Illinois
2-Day / 1-Night Salmon River Rafting Trip
Saturday & Sunday, May – September
**Customized dates for groups of 8+
Price Per Adult: $385.00
Price Per Youth: $299.00 for ages 16 and younger
*Discount for groups 8+: 6.5% off per person
1 night camping
All camping gear
Healthy gourmet river cuisine
Beverages including limited supply of beer and Idaho wine
Free use of inflatable kayak (if available)