1-Day Main Salmon River Whitewater Rafting Trip
- When: Daily April – September
- Where: Salmon River “River of No Return” (2nd deepest canyon in North America)
- Trip Length: Approximately 13 miles
- Class/Level: II-III rapids depending on water levels
- Orientation: Immediately before float
- Departure Time: 9:00 am
- Ending Time: Approximately 5:00 pm varies with water levels
- Time on Water: On average 4 to 6 hours
- Meals: Delicious riverside lunch, snacks and beverages provided
- Age Restrictions: 5+- years of age depending on water flow
- Cost: Adult $108.50 / youth 16 and younger $98.00
Adventure through a 13 mile stretch of the beautiful and exciting Salmon River and enjoy a delicious riverside lunch provided by Idaho Adventures.
1 Day Salmon River Rafting Trip | River of No Return Wilderness Includes:
- Paddling through peaceful sections of the Salmon River mixed with many thrilling II-III rapids.
- Touring a historic goldmine.
- Talented, experienced guides who like to share local river knowledge, river folklore, wildlife information and are great with families.
- Witnessing a variety of curious wildlife in the beautiful, rugged canyon. You may see all kinds of wildlife including bears, bighorn sheep, bald and golden eagles, deer, and many more.
- Getting wet through Pine Creek Rapids and many other exhilarating rapids
- Refreshing lunch prepared and served riverside by your enthusiastic guide.
- Photos taken plunging through Pine Creek Rapids. You have the option to purchase a photo(s) at the end of your river trip.
- Option to include an inflatable kayak if available. Please let us know if you are interested in a kayak.
- Transportation to and from Idaho Adventures office in Salmon Idaho.
- NO MOSQUITOES – while on the river or at riverside lunch
CHARTER RIVER RAFTING TRIPS
We LOVE to customize trips for private groups including class reunions, wedding parties, family reunions, corporate retreats etc. Click here for more information or call us at 1-800-789-9283.
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
At times you’ll plunge through rapids or gently glide through peaceful sections of river while passing remnants of Native American and early pioneer settlements. We will stop to explore historic sites and tour an old abandoned gold mine. Your guides will also demonstrate how to pan for gold and take you inside a mine shafts left behind from the late 1880’s.
Enjoy a scenic drive from Idaho Adventures main office to Spring Creek where we will begin the float. The first section features breathtakingly beautiful scenery and mostly calm water which will take us to the town of Shoup. Gold panning demonstrations along with a historic goldmine tour are conducted by the guides. Later we will journey through the thrilling Pine Creek Rapids followed by other exciting rapids. Enjoy a delicious riverside lunch, and then float to the take-out area of Cove Creek. Photos will be taken of guests going over Pine Creek Rapids and are available to purchase in Shoup.
Itinerary – 1 Day Salmon River Rafting Trip
- 8:45 meet at Idaho Adventures office in Salmon, Idaho
- 9:00 departure to Spring Creek
- Put-in at Spring Creek
- Goldmine Tour
- Back on the water
- Back on the water
- Take-out at Cove Creek
- Arrive at Idaho Adventures office building around 5:00 p.m.
Guests will meet at the Idaho Adventures office located at 10 Courthouse Drive, Salmon, Idaho at 8:45 a.m. Arrangements can be made for personal transportation pick-ups prior to your trip if required.
Hot coffee and tea will be available at the Idaho Adventures “Java Junction” coffee bar while an orientation meeting will be held by your guide prior to your boarding a Shuttle bus for a scenic drive along the river to your boat launch ramp at Spring Creek. A safety discussion will precede your choosing from the oar boat, paddle board or inflatable kayak, and your trip begins.
The first part of your float will gently take you downstream past the abandoned mining town of Shoup, stopping at the historic Gold mine that in the past produced quantities of ore that in current times would be worth millions. Your guide will provide a tour of the operation and equipment demonstrating gold panning and explaining how the ore was processed in the old days. Step inside the mine shaft and be reminded of how difficult life was in the 1800’s. Once again, board your boat to continue downriver for your day on the “River of no return” and Pine Creek Rapids. You will find the distractions of day-to-day life simply do not exist here. At times you’ll plunge through rapids or gently glide through peaceful sections of river while passing remnants of Native American and early pioneer settlements. While floating through breathtaking scenery your guide will share knowledge of the local wildlife including bald eagles, deer, elk, and mountain goat.
A delicious lunch, prepared by your guide on a sandy beach along the way will give you a chance to get your feet wet and stretch your legs. An example of our lunch is fresh turkey wraps prepared with, cream cheese, Pesto, lettuce, tomato, olives, and chips plus drinks with delicious fruit kabobs and brownies for dessert will prepare you for the remainder of the float to your debarking point at Cove Creek where you will meet your return trip shuttle van.
Planning Your Trip
Transportation is provided to and from the locations of the put-in and take-out. Life jackets, splash gear, dry bags, and other gear are also provided.
- Highly competent, licensed and darn friendly guides.
- Ground transportation to and from the river.
- Small waterproof day bag.
- Fresh, healthful, delicious lunch
- Plenty of drinking water, various beverages, and limited supply of complimentary soda and beer
- Oar boats (guide rowing) paddle boats (you help paddle w/guide on board).
- Inflatable kayaks (water level permitting).
- Coast Guard Approved life jackets, helmets for paddle teams and kayakers.
- First Aid Supplies.
You should bring….
- Quick-drying shorts and shirt
- River sandals or tennis shoes that can get wet
- Sunglasses with strap
- Secure hat
- Rain suit
- Camera and film
- Lip Balm
- Water bottle
For Early/Late Season We Suggest:
- Fleece or warm jacket
- Fleece or wool socks
- Lightweight pants
Optional items to bring….(may get wet)
- Alcoholic beverages for you
You should NOT bring….
- Denim or heavy cottons for wearing on the water
What is the weather and water like?
The Salmon River Canyon is normally arid and warm from late May to late September with average daytime temperatures ranging from the 70’s to 90’s. Nighttime temperatures are cooler but comfortable, from the low 50’s to high 60’s. Summer water temperatures range from the 60’s to 70’s, perfect for rafting and swimming. May or early June is when river levels generally peak, but the Salmon is fed by enough tributaries to maintain a robust flow of water all summer long – even in low water years.
Choose Your Idaho River Rafting Trip
Scenic Float Trips
- 1/2 Day Salmon River Scenic Float
- 3/4 Day Lewis & Clark Historical Salmon River Scenic Float (includes lunch)
Main Salmon River White Water Rafting
- 1-Day (includes lunch)
- 2-Day / 3-Night
- 3-Day / 4-Night
Main Salmon River Wilderness Journey
- 5-Day / 6-Night
- 6-Day / 7-Night
- 2017 Custom Trips
“Wow! What an Adventure!! What a first class operation and we rarely have had soooo much FUN!”
~Kate Barrington, Yuma Arizona
1 Day Salmon River Rafting Trip
DAILY April – September
Price Per Adult: $108.50
Price Per Youth: $98.00 for ages 16 and younger
Free use of inflatable kayak (if available)
Shuttle to and from river